GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.
– One lucky fan will win a one-of-a-kind Grand Rapids Griffins/Van Andel Arena playhouse through a season-long raffle that will benefit the Griffins Youth Foundation.
This spectacular custom-built playhouse, donated by Out on a Limb Playhouses
of Grand Haven, is currently on display in the lobby of Van Andel Arena, where it will remain throughout the 2009-10 season. With an exterior modeled after Van Andel Arena and an interior inspired by the Griffins locker room and the game-night arena atmosphere, this impressive playhouse (approx. 8’ x 8’ x 13’) includes the following amenities:
• Two stadium-style seats
• Custom-made bench modeled after those in the Griffins' locker room
• "Ice-rink" floor with dasher boards
• Griffins hanging scoreboard light
• Built-in street hockey net
• Three street hockey sticks and balls
• Philips 22" HD television
• Sony PlayStation 3
• EA Sports' NHL 2010
video game (featuring AHL teams)
• Hockey Guys
• 16 hockey-themed books for children through adults
• Free delivery and site preparation/landscaping within 50 miles of Grand Rapids
• Weather-sealed exterior, lighting and electric installed, cable-ready (electric/cable hookup and any necessary permits will be the responsibility of the winner).
Raffle tickets are available for only $5 each or five for $20 and may be purchased at the playhouse display in the Van Andel Arena lobby during any Griffins game or at griffinshockey.com/playhouse
Second prize in the raffle is a pair of Griffins 20-game lower bowl flex ticket packs for the 2010-11 season, while third prize is a Detroit Red Wings jersey autographed by Niklas Kronwall. The drawing will be held on April 9, 2010 at 8:30 p.m. at Van Andel Arena, and entrants need not be present to win.
All proceeds from the raffle of the playhouse will support the Griffins Youth Foundation’s mission to promote academic excellence, community involvement and healthy lifestyles among the youth of West Michigan, enhancing their lives through hockey and ice-related sports. For more information about the foundation, visit griffinskids.org
“It’s really the ultimate Griffins souvenir,” said Mike Fraser
of Out on a Limb Playhouses. “If your backyard is too small, you could keep the TV and PlayStation system and donate the playhouse to your favorite school, church, charity or even back to the Griffins Youth Foundation. People should remember it’s all for a good cause.”
For more information about the playhouse and raffle, including photos, video and ticket ordering information, please visit griffinshockey.com/playhouse
The playhouse project was made possible through the support of Out on a Limb Playhouses, the Griffins, the Daniel and Pamella DeVos Foundation, the Grand Rapids-Kent County Convention/Arena Authority, Fast Signs, Corrigan Moving Systems, Apex Landscape, The Center for Physical Rehabilitation, the Golladay family, Regal Financial Group, Rogers Printing, the Irwin Seating Company, Play N Trade Alpine, Pooh's Corner, Sam’s Club, and Alro Plastics.